Sunday 17 July 2011

Why daffodils?

Well, I named my blog daffodils for two reasons- firstly because i so totally adore this flower and the name DAFFODIL and secondly because once upon a time I used to be a member of a club calld Daffodils, found and named by me. It was in the summer of 2008. We were a group of four. All 11 year olds. At that time and even today groups formed in school seem real cool. So at that time we wanted us to be recognised as a foursome gang( maybe because of the teen soaps featuring girl gangs). So we decided to form one. The members consisted of me, Abhijrita, Darshana and Dikshita. Then next came the time to settle for a name for our gang. We all tried hard to come up with something catchy. One suggested MADD, but that was too obvious and we didnt want ourselves to tagged as MADD. Oh c'mon. So after a lot of rejections we settled in for Daffodils. Mind, at that time I used to be of the dominating kind and most of the time I got things done the way i wanted so lo and behold Daffodil was established. We gave each other code names, designed our badges, fixed meeting times and distributed the posts. We held our meetings during recess and went about wearing a purple D badge. We stuck to each other at all times and our group really turned out to be popular. Whenever we were assgined to make charts, we used to give the designation as the Daffodil club. On teachers day it was my GREAT idea to gift the cards to our teachers by signing them as Lots of love from the Daffodil Club.



But as Newton rightly said, "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction", the reaction for the success of our club started showing in the faces of the other girls in our class. How could they be expected to be just students and not members of any exotic clubs, so there came our share of rivals. Headed by Sushmita (now by bestest best friend) and Barnali, the formed their own gang calling themselves the Brutee Babes. Well, none of us knew what it meant then. Our Opposition copied much of their activities from our gang. They started hanging out outside school too. They too made charts for the classroom with a made by- Brutee Babes style. They too started wearing badges. I was the hot headed one at that time so most of the time it was me who ended up fighting with them. I just couldn't tolerate the idea of someone trying to steal my precious ideas. I worked harder to make our gang the most popular. And then to my utter disappointment it was not only the other girls but now even the boys!!! They too formed a gang called "Force Club". They too started copying us and by the end of the session our class was no more a class, it was a class full of subdivisions called gangs!














               Me With Sushi (sushmita)
                                          


I really felt bad now to have divided my lovely class into groups. I felt like the Britishers who divided India and Pakistan. I wanted to mend things up. And so first of all, I made peace with Sushmita. I ahd to do it. I had been with her since third standard. But still I coudn't gather enough courage to tear down my club. I was indeed very loyal to it. Then the following month, my dad's transfer order came. He was transferred here to the city of pearls- Hyderabad. It was indeed difficult for me to shift to hyderabad from Guwahati. Guwahati was my very own place. I found leaving Maria's Public school the hardest thing though. I kept on saying my friends, "Keep our club going, keep our club alive", though I knew inside me that it would not be there anymore. So I bid farewell to Daffodil with a heavy heart and so when I was going through my old photographs today, I saw some of the happy moments I shared with those girls and I decided to write things down and this ld me to create my blog- Daffodils. I wandered lonely as a cloud........when all at once I saw a crowd, a host of golden Daffodils.

2 comments: